Career development from the classroom to the workplace
Career Services is dedicated to helping our students develop successful and rewarding careers following their East West College of Natural Medicine education. During their education journey, EWCNM provides internship and externship opportunities to help students develop their skills. After graduation, we help students develop their career paths.
For Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine students, Career Services guides graduates through the process to be licensed as Doctors of Oriental Medicine/Acupuncture Physicians. There are four licensing boards and an application with the State of Florida (for local practitioners) that need to be successfully navigated and completed.
Upon licensure, graduates can:
- Open their own acupuncture practice (go into business for themselves)
- Work for an existing acupuncture clinic
- Work for a western medical clinic/integrative medicine center
- Concentrate on VA or insurance billing
- Enter the research field
Career Services is always available for students for:
- Resume review
- Business plan assistance/review
- Marketing plan assistance/review
- List of current available job postings